Sunday, July 31, 2011

Congratulations, Mommy!

 Noelle likes the medal!

This weekend was the San Francisco Marathon! We decided to make a mini-family vacation out of the event. We got a sitter for the dogs and drove into the city Saturday morning.

Before settling into our hotel near Union Square, we hit up the race expo to pick up my number. Race expos are always very crowded, and this one was worse then most. Once I had my number in hand, we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Ready to race =)

After some lunch and then relaxing at the hotel a bit (read, "Noelle's nap") we headed out for a bit of sightseeing. Nothing too crazy (I was saving energy for the race) but we were able to squeeze in some San Fran highlights.
Walking around Nob Hill; trolley in the background!

The gates to China Town

Noelle scored (another) new hat!

Sunday morning was race day. I headed out for the 5:30 am race start. I wish I had taken a camera with me, because the best thing about this marathon is how beautiful the course is. Yes, it is very hilly, but it's San Francisco, after all! Highlights included running on the road bed of the Golden Gate Bridge (beautiful!), going through the waterfront districts, the city's beautiful Golden Gate Park (like NYC's central park) and cruising down historic Haight St.

The best part of the race, though, was being met by Alex and Noelle at the finish line! After a shower and some relaxing at the hotel (read "naps for everyone!") we stopped for lunch and some sight-seeing around Fisherman's Wharf. Noelle also picked up another souvenir, a Chinese rubber brush artwork of her name. Now, we all need a weekend to recover from our weekend =)

That's the prettiest my name has looked yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment