Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mommy ran a half!

A half marathon, that is. This past weekend Alex gave me a break by permitting me to go to Los Angeles and run a half marathon with my friend Lorraine; and what a wonderful break it was! It was so nice to reconnect with some friends, have some relaxation time (I had hot chocolate and read a magazine, in the middle of the afternoon!) and get a good run in.

Ready to Race (Though, I don't look ready!)

Enjoying the Run

A few things come to mind when I look at the above photo:
  1. I think I have running on the Berkeley, CA hills to thank for those thunder thighs.
  2. I need a haircut, ASAP!
  3. Pink top and purple bottoms? Am I color blind? What was I thinking!?!
Happy to be Done!

While in LA, my friends and I discussed some of the many similarities between taking care of a toddler and taking care of a dog. The biggest one being the emphasis on burning off as much energy as possible so the toddler/dog sleeps - a lot. In a funny coincidence, Alex showed me the following movie when I got home. No need to watch it all; you'll get the point very quickly =)

Baby Fetch

Finally, no post is complete without a cute Noelle photo. Here she is half-way through a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Monday. Things only got messier from there!

Yummy Peanut Butter Goodness!

2 comments:

  1. hot chocolate, luxurious! You look great in pink and purple, and v. happy in these photos ;)...

    ReplyDelete