Thursday, October 15, 2015

NYC & Birthdays!

Two weekends ago Alex and I headed off to New York City to attend his dear friend, Samara's, wedding. These guys went to high school together and still keep in touch; amazing. Even more impressive is that there were many high school friends at the wedding. Samara is a master at maintaining relationships!

High School Friends

During the day Alex had a meeting to attend and I found myself with several hours to explore on my own. My favorite way to experience any city is to go for a run and I did exactly that. Since I have been running in Central Park several times I decided, instead, to do a waterfront tour of Manhattan. It was a beautiful way to see the city, complete with the gorgeous bridges and waterfront parks. I must say that I underestimated how large Manhattan is. It took 14 miles for me to complete the perimeter south of Central Park. I'll have to get ready for a marathon next time, ha!

Around the island...

Near Battery Park

Brooklyn Bridge

While the parents were away the kids played with Grandma and Grandpa Hayes. I didn't get a lot of pictures from them, but here they are being silly with a local structure. Alex and I were very glad to get away and relieved to know that the kiddos were well taken care of!

Fun with the Grandparents


Just this past weekend we celebrated the girls' birthdays in style with a fantastic party at the house. We were extremely lucky with the weather and had a beautiful day to enjoy the bounce house and fire pit outside. Of course, for the second year in a row, I was too busy having fun to remember to take any pictures!

Fortunately, we did  get some pictures of the girls with their birthday roses from Daddy. I love this tradition and it is sooooo adorable watching the kids grow each year and be excited for their 'extra' rose (one per year).
Birthday roses

Noelle, our big 5-year-old kindergartner!

Cora, the 3-year-old master of mischief!

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad you could both be there for our big day. I LOVED having the high school crew back together. Glad you're back on the east coast and our meet ups can hopefully be even more frequent in the future.

    ReplyDelete